PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I think gormet food and commentary about it is ridiculous

From the NYtimes:
"It has the taste of the forbidden, the illicit — the subversive, even...Eating with your hands, it's pure regression. Naturally, everyone wants it." [can you guess what they're talking about? Of
course you can. It's hamburgers.]

From that same article:
"With smoked bacon, lettuce, dill pickles, mustard, mayonnaise and fries, the burger at Le Dali costs 35 euros, about $56." [of course the bun is made by an exceptional chef, and the meat part too. But ARE YOU JOKING?]

I stopped reading the article at that point. I liked the one from last week about chocolate chip cookies much better. If you didn't catch it I'll tell you the key point: let the dough sit in your fridge for 24-36 hours before baking it. That won't cost you $56 dollars, and you'll probably enjoy it more. --Lu

[The above quotes were taken from: "In Paris, Burgers Turn Chic." If you go now, it's in the top 10 most emailed.]

1 comment:

Lilianne said...

Laura- just found your blog! How fun and so witty! I loved this post. I sometimes watch those food channel shows where they are competing and they throw words around like "woody" and such. SICK! What do they know about good food? I'm sure that sick caviar isn't as delicious as they say it is. What do you think? Perhaps I just have ol' pioneer taste buds that enjoy the simplicity of meat and potatoes! I guess I'll never be a food critic, but that's just find with me!