PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Corn Colors

We grew two special types of corn this year and they are quite beautiful, so I'm sharing pictures with you.

This is Sweeheart corn (good for popping, not eating)
It's really small. About the size of a racquetball. It's the perfect color combo for fall, though, don't you think?

This is our Blue Hopi corn:

And, no, it did not taste that good. Because we left it on the stalks too long, or something, and it was quite firm and not super edible straight off the cob. I'm thinking we need to grind it into cornmeal (blue corn chips anyone?). Maybe that's just the way the corn is supposed to be...we're novices over here, in case you forgot. So, if you know the answer to why our blue corn isn't soft enough to eat, let me know!

1 comment:

jendoop said...

It's so pretty! I love your experimentation. We'll live together when times get tough. You grow the pretty stuff and I'll make sure we all eat.