PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Skulls, Tombstones and Graveyards


Halloween totally justifies my morbid love of graveyards, especially old ones. And while Boston wasn't quite the Fall Paradise I had hoped, it did provide a lovely graveyard.

I was quite taken with the skulls that adorned many of the tombstones. They are a stark contrast to the cutesy decorations and the sugar loaded candy in every grocery store that mark the oncoming celebration of Halloween.







--Lu

3 comments:

Usandthings said...

I'm totally in love with graveyards as well. When we lived in California, our car repair shop was right by the graveyard and I loved walking around it whenever they were working on the car. "Another hour? No problem."

Lu and Moo said...

Oldish ones are my very most favorite. The weathered headstones, the effort to carve them...

At the Mesa cemetary on Memorial day there would be groups of people playing cards around a loved one's grave. I don't know which culture does that but I wouldn't mind adopting it as my own. --Lu

Brittany Cornett said...

I love going to cemetaries too! Every memorial day we would go clean up the binghampton cemetary. I liked looking at what people wrote on the headstones or the pictures or to see which ones died during wars. Anyways nice to see someone else who shares this with me!