PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Really Missing

I was just remembering this one time I lost my jump drive at the UofA library.  And by "lost" I mean I left it in the usb port of a public computer.  When I realized I'd left it behind I went back to look for it. 

I didn't find it.

A little while later, I received an email from one of those sites that makes up anonymous/untraceable email addresses.  The sender of the email informed me s/he was making the files from my jump drive available to me (I can't remember if it was on the public portion of the computer, or through a web site or what.  All I remember is that I had access to my missing files.)

Who does that?  Steal a jump drive and then give the person back their files. 

It was a really odd mix of feelings: I was grateful, a tad freaked out that they had figured out my email address, and annoyed that the person stole the jump drive in  the first place.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Yeah weird. It's like those people who mug you but just take the cash and give you back your wallet (this happened to my brother-in-law). It's like, thanks, but...?

And the files didn't have viruses in them or anything?

Lu and Moo said...

I'm not a virus genius or anything, but I don't think so, as nothing ever turned up on a virus scan.